Re: [opensuse] What is the name ?
  • From: Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:57:17 +0100
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx> [12-11-06 02:28]:
>
>> The Xterm is still not fixed. I can get xterm to get maximized, but
>> after it has been closed and opened again it has the same little window.
>>

> xterm -help
> -geometry geom size (in characters) and position
>
> man xterm
>
> then alias xterm to xterm='xterm -geometry <geom>'

Hi Patrick and thanks for Your reply.

The first command gave this and a new xterm

lajka3:~ # xterm -geometry geom 0,0
No absolute path found for shell: 0,0

The second option did not change anything in the new xterm.
Is it correct, what I have written below ?

lajka3:~ # xterm='xterm -geometry <1288,993>'
lajka3:~ #