[opensuse] community SUSE installation CDROM: how to create one?
  • From: 张韡武 <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 22:03:42 +0800
Hello. In the campus we have setup a SuSE Mirror (the first we had in
campus) that include online installation service. We are going to
distribute community SuSE installation CDROM on the next LUG event.

Here is the question: can we modify OPENSUSE mini-install CDROM so that
when it boot:
I. it automatically select Simplified Chinese as main language and
US as keyboard layout (it's too hard to find non-US keyboard
here);
II. it automatically select network installation, type is FTP and
server host name, path are automatically filled;
III. it automatically launch yast to start the installation

I have heard of autoyast but as far as I know the kind of automatic we
want (described as step 1-3 above) are BEFORE yast starts, does autoyast
also cover my situation?

(I think the one with graphic user interface is yast, the steps 1-3 done
on a console is not yet yast, correct me if I am wrong)

Thank you!
--
锐业软服(国内业务) http://www.realss.cn
Real SoftService http://www.realss.com