Re: [opensuse] Using multimedia keys with openSUSE 10.2? (May be solved)
  • From: Hugo Costelha <hugo.costelha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:00:59 +0000
On Monday 11 December 2006 13:46, Hugo Costelha wrote:
> On Sunday 10 December 2006 21:01, Hugo Costelha wrote:

> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Have you tried LinEAK? It comes with SUSE and allows you to
> > > graphically configure the keys for many different multimedia keyboards.
> > > I've had it running on my laptops as well as on a few different
> > > Logitech keyboards. --
> >
> > Until today I never needed any program to have the multimedia keys
> > working. Having the right keyboard model selected, since KDE comes with
> > the multimedia keys already associated with the proper actions,
> > everything usually works just fine out of the box. And If I needed to
> > configure anything else, I just need to go to the KDE control center and
> > select the shortcuts section.
> >
> > However, there is something quite strange in openSUSE 10.2, has it seems
> > that the sound related keys are somewhat intercepted and not allowed to
> > reach their destination!! The other multimedia keys (like the home
> > folder, the internet one, or even the e-mail one) work normally. Just
> > those I mentioned do not work!!
>
> So no ideas besides installing another application?
>
> I am not sure, but probably it is related to this issue as well. A KDE
> update performed in my 10.1 around last week also made the my laptop
> multimedia keys stop working. What is rather strange though, is that using
> for instance Alt+XF86AudioLowerVolume works withtou a problem. This means
> that it really is some kind of bug. Maybe I will take a look at
> bugzilla.kde before going go bugzilla.novell.

Well, in my SUSE 10.1, I opened kmix, and select none for all the shortcuts
that appear when we go to Settings->Configure Global Shortucts and this made
all the shortcuts configured by right-clicking on the respective control
work, including the Master channel.

When I get home I will try to do the same and see if it works on openSUSE
10.2. If it works, than there is no need to use Lineak or tweak xmodmap.

Hugo