Re: [opensuse] VNC session
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:21:20 +0100
I was able to bring sax back to live (with sax2 -r) and I was also able
to configure vnc there.
however, not as stated in the gui, it is not listening on port 5900
(still only 5801 and 5901) and by connecting to 5901, I see this gray
screen only... I'll go a bit more for the documentation...

somehow a pitty it is not that straighforward to setup yet.. and
especially the fact, that you have to config in different gui's makes it
a bit... tricky...

I found the built in Remote Administration to be a bit tough to get
working... on the other hand, I found x11vnc a breeze to set up and
use. I ssh tunnel to the remote computer, start x11vnc, and then
simply connect to the vnc session using the standard VNC tools on the
local system. Hardly any configuration needed (except to set up ssh
on the remote machine before hand).

C.