Re: [opensuse] VNC session
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:58:10 +0100

>>> Reply on 11-12-2006 14:54:53 <<<

> >> Quoting Dominique Leuenberger

> like

> >> Did you finished also the second part of configuration of VNC in
SaX
> > ?
> >>

> > Errmm.. no ?
> > and even worse.. I can not start sax2 :~( it seems to dislike some
> > modifications the vmware-config.pl did inside the xorg.conf...
very
> very
> > bad...
> >
> > More help is needed.
> >
> > Dominique
> > --
> >

> OK, nevermind,
> it can be done by hand.... But it's better to restore some older
> xorg.conf and use Sax to do this changes.
>

> There are some parts of my xorg.conf. You can use some lines :
>

> Section "Module"
> Load "dbe"
> Load "type1"
> Load "freetype"
> Load "extmod"
> Load "glx"
> Load "v4l"
> Load "vnc"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
> BoardName "GeForce2 MX/MX 400"
> BusID "1:0:0"
> Driver "nv"
> Identifier "Device[0]"
> Option "usevnc" "yes"
> Option "rfbauth" "/root/.vnc/passwd"
> Screen 0
> VendorName "NVidia"
> EndSection
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
> Identifier "Layout[all]"
> InputDevice "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
> InputDevice "Keyboard[2]" "ExtraKeyboard"
> InputDevice "Mouse[3]" "ExtraPointer"
> Option "Clone" "off"
> Option "VNC" "3 2"
> Option "Xinerama" "off"
> Screen "Screen[0]"
> EndSection

Thank you very much...
I was able to bring sax back to live (with sax2 -r) and I was also able
to configure vnc there.
however, not as stated in the gui, it is not listening on port 5900
(still only 5801 and 5901) and by connecting to 5901, I see this gray
screen only... I'll go a bit more for the documentation...

somehow a pitty it is not that straighforward to setup yet.. and
especially the fact, that you have to config in different gui's makes it
a bit... tricky...

Dominique