Re: [opensuse] SUSE 10.2 + (X)vnc
  • From: linux@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:12:35 +0100
Quoting Andreas <linuxdreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Le dimanche 10 décembre 2006 04:25, Michal Libra a écrit :
Hi,

need a help with configuring VNC server on openSuse 10.2.

I'm using vnc server as a Xorg module called vnc (or Xvnc).
My requirements are very simple, I want to connect to display :0 on the
PC and use an existing X session (using port 5900).

On previous version of Suse it worked this way. I just enabled Remote
administration in Yast and then Enabled Vnc in the SaX utility.

In Suse 10.2 something changed. Maybe it's becouse of the new Xorg (now
7.2).
When I use identical steps to enable VNC, my Xorg starts VNC only on
port 5901 and every connection starts a new X session.

I found Xvnc man page but it didn't help me anyway.
I also made a comparison of the new and old xorg.conf files. But there
were only some minor differences.

How can I change behavior of the vnc module?

I think you might be interested in "LibVNCServer". It's a regular rpm in the
openSUSE repository. If you are using KDE, you can also check the settings in
the KDE Control Centre -> Internet & Network -> Desktop Sharing. For Gnome
there is probably something similar.

The behaviour of suse's vnc didn't change over the last releases I think.

--
Gruß & Happy Holidays
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

thanks a lot for this tip. It seems to be a good replacement of Xvnc module.

KDE's VNC is useless becouse of high cpu usage. It takes almost CPU time. Don't know
why...

Michal