Re: [opensuse] Sound issues when installing 10.2
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:09:26 +1100
eddieleprince wrote:
On Monday 11 December 2006 04:55, Clayton wrote:
Is this the card you have?-

http://www.krex.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=514
Yes, that's the card.

Sorry; I haven't been following this thread from the beginning but I had a problem with sound where KDE simply did not seem to be able to detect the card even though the card seem to work okay otherwise. I created a new user account and found that the sound work perfectly and that the problem seem to be something in my setup (as I had retained my user account and home area from a previous version). Thus by renaming my home area, deleting my account and recreating it and then moving data file etc. into my new home area the sound works okay now.

Hope that helps.

Regrettably, in my case, and in Clayton's case I believe, it is a brand new installation with a spanking brand new home directory so the above does not apply :-( .

Cheers.