Re: [opensuse] Sound issues when installing 10.2
  • From: eddieleprince <eddie.howson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 06:06:27 +0000
On Monday 11 December 2006 04:55, Clayton wrote:
> > Is this the card you have?-
> >
> > http://www.krex.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=514
>
> Yes, that's the card.

Sorry; I haven't been following this thread from the beginning but I had a
problem with sound where KDE simply did not seem to be able to detect the
card even though the card seem to work okay otherwise. I created a new user
account and found that the sound work perfectly and that the problem seem to
be something in my setup (as I had retained my user account and home area
from a previous version). Thus by renaming my home area, deleting my account
and recreating it and then moving data file etc. into my new home area the
sound works okay now.

Hope that helps.

Eddie