Re: [opensuse] OS 10.2 - Problem with Fonts in Main Menu
  • From: Ed Engelking II <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:15:22 -0500
Just an interesting additional two notes:

I just tried to change my monitor resolution to a lower setting to see what would happen.
My current resolution is 1280x1024@60 on a 19" LCD monitor. When I changed the resolution to 1024x768@60, the fonts were smooth, yet everything else seemed a bit blurry. I think this was due to how an LCD monitor tries to adjust for resolutions that they're not specifically designed for. However, I find it interesting that this resolution change would've made that big of a difference with these fonts.

Also, another thing I checked while I was at it ... I changed the default color settings from 24-bit to 16-bit and restarted my X session. This didn't make any kind of difference at all.

.... now back to your regularly scheduled program ...

--Ed