Re: [opensuse] OS 10.2 - Problem with Fonts in Main Menu
  • From: Ed Engelking II <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:29:11 -0500
Felix,

Unfortunately, I've tried restarting after each change, but to no improvement in the main menu or control center. I do, however, see immediate changes throughout the rest of the desktop.

--Ed

Felix Miata wrote:
On 2006/12/10 21:26 (GMT-0500) Ed Engelking II apparently typed:

I'm hoping that someone else has come across this problem and has found a fix...

For whatever reason, the fonts in the Main Menu and the left side of the Control Center on my new install look terrible. They appear to be jagged and definitely don't look as clear and uniform like the rest of the fonts throughout the desktop. However, when I move my mouse over an item and the button forms around the object, the fonts inside the button look fine.

I don't use Gnome, so can't check myself, but check your anti-aliasing
configuration. If hinting is set to "full" or whatever equivalent Gnome
might label maximum, set it to something else, restart X, and report
back if there is any improvement.