Re: [opensuse] OS 10.2 - Problem with Fonts in Main Menu
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:17:23 -0500
On 2006/12/10 21:26 (GMT-0500) Ed Engelking II apparently typed:

> I'm hoping that someone else has come across this problem and has found
> a fix...

> For whatever reason, the fonts in the Main Menu and the left side of the
> Control Center on my new install look terrible. They appear to be
> jagged and definitely don't look as clear and uniform like the rest of
> the fonts throughout the desktop. However, when I move my mouse over an
> item and the button forms around the object, the fonts inside the button
> look fine.

I don't use Gnome, so can't check myself, but check your anti-aliasing
configuration. If hinting is set to "full" or whatever equivalent Gnome
might label maximum, set it to something else, restart X, and report
back if there is any improvement.
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409