Re: [opensuse] Forcing a download of a file?
  • From: Curtis Rey <crey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 17:03:38 -0800

On Sun December 10 2006 16:14, Thomas Miller wrote:
> After further review of the page source, it seems this is not a link. I
> found another location to download it as a compressed file. So I am
> good to go.
>
> Thanks for the lively discussion.
>
> --
> Thomas Miller
> Chrome Portal Project Manager
> CPCUG Programmers SIG Chairperson (formally Delphi)
> Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
> BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
> BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork
>
> http://www.bss-software.com
> http://programmers.cpcug.org/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/chromeportal/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/uopl/
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbexpressplus

I've had this problem before. Wherein the file association for "rpm" is
associated with Real Player Media (aka rpm) and not Redhat Package Manager.
The solution I used as a workaround was to change the file assoc for "rpm" to
not be linked/directed to RealPlayer and to make sure that the rpm is
associated with YaST2.

If your using KDE as a desktop, go into Control Center (now "Personal
Setting") and then KDE components --> file association. In the search window
type "rpm" and make sure the x-rpm has yast2 as the "Application preference
order". This should solve the problem (and if FireFox is still cranky - USE
KONGUEROR!

As far as I can tell the rpm being associated with Real Player is an older
association that should be fixed - one might assume that your using old
configs that need to be updated, as were mine before fixing this. Now I can
not find any association between RealPlayer and "rpm" as in RealPlayerMedia.

HTH, Curtis.

- --
Spammers Beware: Trespassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot again!

Like the song say: "Everything's 'Zen'... I don't think so"!