Re: [opensuse] SUSE 10.2 + (X)vnc
  • From: Andreas <linuxdreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:56:52 -0800
Le dimanche 10 décembre 2006 04:25, Michal Libra a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> need a help with configuring VNC server on openSuse 10.2.
>
> I'm using vnc server as a Xorg module called vnc (or Xvnc).
> My requirements are very simple, I want to connect to display :0 on the
> PC and use an existing X session (using port 5900).
>
> On previous version of Suse it worked this way. I just enabled Remote
> administration in Yast and then Enabled Vnc in the SaX utility.
>
> In Suse 10.2 something changed. Maybe it's becouse of the new Xorg (now
> 7.2).
> When I use identical steps to enable VNC, my Xorg starts VNC only on
> port 5901 and every connection starts a new X session.
>
> I found Xvnc man page but it didn't help me anyway.
> I also made a comparison of the new and old xorg.conf files. But there
> were only some minor differences.
>
> How can I change behavior of the vnc module?

I think you might be interested in "LibVNCServer". It's a regular rpm in the
openSUSE repository. If you are using KDE, you can also check the settings in
the KDE Control Centre -> Internet & Network -> Desktop Sharing. For Gnome
there is probably something similar.

The behaviour of suse's vnc didn't change over the last releases I think.

--
Gruß & Happy Holidays
Andreas