Re: [opensuse] Forcing a download of a file?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:57:17 -0800
On Sunday 10 December 2006 14:59, John Andersen wrote:
> On Sunday 10 December 2006 08:54, Thomas Miller wrote:
> > > doesn't:
> > > <right-click> on url and select <save as>
> > > work? I believe it is the same in windoz.
> >
> > No.
>
> In that case, your firefox is horribly broken, and I suggest
> you use a different browser for this function, and also to
> upgrade your firefox.

That is probably not the case. It's eminently possible to write pages
that take over many of the baseline functions of the browser (bring up
Google Maps and right-click on the map--nothing happens). And as I
mentioned, a link that references a javascript: URL will not be
saveable via a context menu item. You can find examples of links
bearing these URLs in Google maps as well, in the baloons that tag
search results in the maps. When you right-click one of those, the
context menu shows only "Bookmark This Link.." "Copy Link Location"
and "Properties".

> I have NEVER seen firefox fail to offer "save link as"
> while RIGHT clicking any url. If your's doesn't, its broken.

As above, not true.

Randall Schulz