Re: [opensuse] Splitting MP3's
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 00:45:27 +0100
On Monday 11 December 2006 00:32, John K Masters wrote:
> Looks good. I installed smart and all your suggested repos.
> Installed Audacity (after uninstalling previous attempt) but still
> get the same message about not compiled with MP3 support. BTW I am
> streaming MP3's off my server quite successfully using Rhythmbox.

You can do it too with YaST.

Add http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/10.2 as an
installation source to YaST (YaST -> Software -> Installation
Source).

Install audacity from **packman** with YaST (YaST -> Software ->
Software Management). To identify audacity from packman, note
the 'pm' in the version (column 'Avail.Ver.'). I installed
1.3.2-0.pm.beta. Or check the "Version"-tab in the bottom-right pane
of YaST. You should have to versions there: 1.2.4b-55 from openSUSE
and 1.3.2-0.pm.beta (packman's). Select Packman's.

Click the "Accept" button. In my case, a window opened, notifying
Automatic changes: libid3tag, libmspack, mad, wxGTK. The mad package
is from packman. These 4 packages are also installed.

Click "Continue" to continue (doh!).

After installing, I ran audacity, and opened an mp3-file. It imported
the file, without complaining. I pressed the "Play"-button and the
file played (I could hear it). I guess this audacity does have mp3
support.

#> rpm -qa | egrep 'audacity|lame'
lame-3.96.1-2
twolame-0.3.8-0.pm.1