Re: [opensuse] Forcing a download of a file?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:54:39 +1100
Thomas Miller wrote:
I am trying to use Firefox to download and rpm from Oracle using http. Firefox thinks it is a video file and immediately opens Real Networks.

I know how to fix this for Windows (several ways actually).

None of these work in Linux. Any suggestions?

Oh dear, these (ex) M$ people never look :-) .

Edit>Preferences>Content>File Types -- set here which file types (extensions) you want to "Save to disk".

Don't forget to 'set' a directory where you want the files saved (you probably would want to use the same directory also to save any attachments in Thunderbird- set this in TB). [Suggestion: in your home directory create a directory -- mine is Downloads -- as the one to which the downloaded files will be saved; the default is your home directory.]

Cheers.