Re: [opensuse] .dv files to .iso
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:23:02 -0600
On 12/10/06, John Pierce <john.j35@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, I would suggest that you have a look at QDVDAuthor or DVDStyler
as these are gui interfaces to the command line tools of linux. They
will enable you to create menus and turn the dv stream into an mpeg
dvd compliant stream. You will then be able to master an iso from
them.

Visit these sites and check out the link sections as well

http://qdvdauthor.sourceforge.net/

http://www.dvdstyler.de/

Note: the only dvd coasters I have made in linux was my own fault, I
just didn't pay attention to what I was doing.

John

Also, if you need to cut-off scenes from the dv files, or you want to
separate scenes so they appear as separate chapters, you can use
kino. It can edit dv files and then export to moeg2 for DVD authoring
with qdvdauthor/dvdstyler/dvdauthor. There are packages for all these
programs in packman's repo.

Cheers

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.