Re: [opensuse] KPowersave Crash (10.2)
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:01:27 +0100
On Sunday 10 December 2006 19:44, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For quite a while in my testing of OpenSUSE 10.2 (possibly ever
> since I started with alpha5, but I'm not sure), I've been seeing a
> KDE Crash alert for KPowersave every time I log in.
>
> I'm not sure what role this application plays in normal system
> operation. Nothing is overtly malfunctioning as far as I can tell.

I use it to "hibernate" my desktop system (suspend to disk). Takes
about 30 s to shut down, and 45 s to startup. Very nice!

> The system is an always-on desktop.
>
> % rpm -qa |egrep -i powersave
> kpowersave-0.7.1-6
> powersave-0.15.10-3
> powersave-libs-0.15.10-3

Yup, have those too.

> How should I deal with this? Should the application be running? If
> not, how do I get KDE to stop launching it when I log in? If it is
> important, how might I diagnose and repair the problem?

Hmm, might be an error in it's config file? Try logging out, renaming
~/.kde/share/config/kpowersaverc, and logging in again.

KPowerSave's autostart is an option in its settings dialog. Right
click on the plug in the system tray, choose Configure KPowersave,
choose the "General Settings"-tab, "Autostart"-panel.

You might want to try disable the autostart, quitting KPowersve, and
starting it from a terminal. Maybe you get some useful messages.

Cheers,

Leen