Re: [opensuse] upgrade 10.2-RC1 to 10.2
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:25:53 -0500
On 2006/12/10 15:32 (GMT) Phil Burness apparently typed:

> On Saturday 09 December 2006 15:21, Felix Miata wrote:

>> On 2006/12/09 13:37 (GMT) Phil Burness apparently typed:

>> > Is it OK to do an upgrade from 10.2-RC1 to 10.2 final or should I do a
>> > full re-install? What's going to be the issues if I just do an upgrade
>> > which is easier for me?

>> I had 5 factory installs from various points that I upgraded to 10.2
>> final. They all work fine. After those upgrades I installed once from
>> DVD. In the DVD one, GTK apps are not using the fonts specified for KDE
>> apps, even though KControl is set so that they should. GTK apps are
>> using an inferior font that KDE was originally using on install that I
>> had to change because it did not have acceptable weight, as if somehow
>> the weight was set to CSS 100 instead of 400 or more.

> During my upgrade the installer could not find koffice-i18n-GB on CD2 and
> failed with an error when I tried to ignore it :-(

I can't say why that happened, but there are many installation methods.
Try a different one. I usually use HTTP or FTP, but HD and NFS from a
raw iso DVD work fine too. There's usually no need to burn any DVD or
CDs to install on a non-virgin system. I put the installation kernel and
initrd in my /boot somewhere, set a stanza to find them in Grub's
menu.lst, and start installation from HD boot.
http://en.opensuse.org/Installation
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409