Re: [opensuse] Forcing a download of a file?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:03:55 -0800
Thomas,

Is it possible that the link you're accessing is not a simple http: or
https: URL, but rather a javascript: URL?

> And when I try to configure the download, it isn't there. In
> Windows I can configure each file extension individually. There is no
> option for this. I was going to update it, but there is no update
> menu item either.

Firefox on Linux has the same per-suffix configurability as it does on
Windows and MacOS. If I'm not mistaken, those settings do not override
MIME types returned by the server, but only fill in when those MIME
types are missing or just the generic "octet stream" type.

Randall Schulz