Re: [opensuse] Palm Lifedrive
  • From: "Michael Leuty" <mike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:15:47 +0000
On 10/12/06, MIchael Comperchio <michael.comperchio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anyone tell me how, or point me to instructions on how, to enable my palm
Lifedrive to sync up with Kontact

Sorry can't help. I have had difficulty getting my Palm Tungsten E
sync'd with Evolution - it syncs but then the records are blank when
seen in Evolution. Presumably some bug in evolution-pilot-conduits.

Oh yeh, what do I need to get to play DVD's, and where to I have to point YAST
to get it?

Follow instructions in
http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories to add the
Packman repository (and why not Guru while you're at it). Then start
Yast - Software - Software Management. Click on "Filter" (top left),
choose Package Groups. Scroll to the bottom and click on zzz All.
RIght-click on one of the packages in the list on the right. Select
All In This List and then Update If Newer Version Available. Click on
Accept.

It may tell you that totem-plugin is not compatible with the Packman
version of totem; if so then choose to remove totem-plugin. You need
to install totem-browser-plugin instead.

Add the w32codec-all package using Yast.

Download and install
http://download.videolan.org/pub/libdvdcss/1.2.9/rpm/libdvdcss2-1.2.9-1.i386.rpm
using RPM ("rpm -Uvh libdvdcss2-1.2.9-1.i386.rpm" from a terminal
running as root).

Should work.

Mike

--