Re: [opensuse] 10.2 DVD problem
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 08:20:51 -0600
On Saturday 09 December 2006 16:26, Bob S wrote:
> Hello SuSE people,
>
> Did a ktorrent on 10.2 64bit. Downloaded 3.7G and md5sums seem to be OK.
> Opened it with K3B and burned it to DVD. Shut down the box and tried to
> boot from the new DVD. Got a message "No OS"
>
> Shut down again and rebooted to look at the DVD. Could not mount it and
> got this message. "Method "Mount" with signature "ssas" on
> interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" doesn't exist.
>
> What the heck does that mean????
>
> How can I tell if I burned a bootable DVD?

Hi Bob S.

If you just clicked to DVD iso image than k3b will burn DVD properly.

if you trying from 10.1 that might be related to:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2006-06/msg00215.html
The article is about floppy, but the error is in HAL and probably applies.
You would probably need mentioned update, if the problem is solved :-).

--
Regards,
Rajko.