Re: [opensuse] Sound issues when installing 10.2
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:57:54 +0100
but re your hassle: did you set the sound system in Personal Settings -
Audio for Alsa sound system?

Yes, and it makes no difference. As far as KDE is concerned, I do not
have a sound card. This is despite the fact that at system level
(outside the WM), the soundcard is correctly configured and works
fine.

Also check to see if in Kmix you have the
green LEDs showing to indicate that the (correct) channel(s) is/has been
activated.

Not possible. KMix (and KDE in general) does not see any sound card
at all unless I plug in my USB headset... then it sees the headset and
I can control the volumes for the headset only. There is no
possibility in KMix to change to any other sound card...

(BTW, are you working with 32- or 64-bit?

I've installed the 32bit from DVD (downloaded via BitTorrent).

I know the hardware is 100% ok, because my Kubuntu partition is fine,
and I previously had 10.2 RC1 installed (up until a few hours ago) and
it was also fine.

I'm going to try a complete wipe of the root partition, and delete all
users that were created for 10.2 and start clean... see what happens.