[opensuse] Want an FTP session? turn off SuSEfirewall...
  • From: Martin Mielke <m_mlk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 05:56:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

on a SuSE 10.0 fresh install something quite weird happens: I can start an ftp session from the shell (as usual )and I can connect to the remote host but no data comes back (ls, get whatever, etc) unless I turn off the SuSEfirewall. This happens with both the default ftp client and ncftp.

SuSEfirewall has its default configuration and only the ports needed by MSN and some P2P for file transfer have been added.

Any clues??

TIA,
Martin