Re: [opensuse] 10.2 DVD problem
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:49:23 +0800
Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 08:52 +0800, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
>
>> Bob S wrote:
>>
>>> Did a ktorrent on 10.2 64bit. Downloaded 3.7G and md5sums seem to be OK.
>>>

>> Seemed? Did it pass the Data Integrity Test?

I mean here, it either passes or fails. It either was OK, or it
wasn't. If it wasn't checked against the online md5sum, then at least
the Data Integrity Test will verify every chunk, and redownload any
chunks that fail.
>>> How can I tell if I burned a bootable DVD?
>>>

>> Yast, Software, Check Media.
>>

> Not to hijack the thread, but could you expand on that a bit? I'm
> running 10.0 and I use that function of YaST to check install media, but
> it doesn't actually tell me what the md5sum it arrives at is.

That check doesn't tell you the md5sum, but it does verify the media
against something on the disk, and will give an OK if it is correct. I
am not sure exactly how it works, but I do know it does work very well,
and will work for an even newer versions discs.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871