Re: [opensuse] Intel_AGP / AGPgart / P965 / G965 / ASUS P5B Deluxe Mix-up
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 21:32:05 -0800

> > As far as I'm concerned, the vendor support issue is a red herring.
>
> If someday you are confronted with a product for which the only
> recourse is a warranty claim perhaps you will understand the support
> issue.

Here's one way to look at it: I make well over $100 per hour. Mainboards
cost maybe a couple hundred dollars. So it's rarely worth my time to
try to get anything from a vendor. (Not to mention the fact that I
absolutely hate the telephone.) If I don't choose well in purchasing a
mainboard, then at least I can learn something more about how to choose
next time.

> Could be the difference for you between RC1 and final is telling you
> something about your hardware rather than about your OS.

What is the logic in that? Why are you trying to make this a hardware
problem, when the hardware works just fine? There clearly was a
regression in the kernel and / or a module.

If you don't have any information that is actually an answer to the
question I asked, don't feel compelled to reply to my posts.

Randall Schulz