Re: [opensuse] Intel_AGP / AGPgart / P965 / G965 / ASUS P5B Deluxe Mix-up
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 23:49:23 -0500
On 2006/12/09 20:32 (GMT-0800) Randall R Schulz apparently typed:

> And what sort of support does one really ever need from the
> manufacturer? I've never had a need to contact a mainboard vendor or
> get anything from them that could not be gotten from the Internet. I've
> had SuperMicro, MSI, Intel and ASUS mainboards (and Macs). All I've
> ever needed post-installation is new BIOS firmware, and that's always
> available via the Internet.

For some, good luck never seems to end.

> As far as I'm concerned, the vendor support issue is a red herring.

If someday you are confronted with a product for which the only recourse
is a warranty claim perhaps you will understand the support issue.

Could be the difference for you between RC1 and final is telling you
something about your hardware rather than about your OS.
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409