[opensuse] Installing RAID 5
  • From: Thomas Miller <tmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 22:19:48 -0500
I want to setup a RAID 5. I have 4 250GB drivers. One currently has SUSE 10.2 / Xen installed.

I tried installing the RAID right off the bat, but it didn't work. The install always died.
So I installed everything without the RAID configuration and it went great. Now I am ready to create the RAID 5 and would like some advise. I plan on using the RAID to store the VM files for Xen.
I tried it with an LVM and without, both failed. Could it be that I need an updated NVIDIA driver?

Thanks for helping out a newbie.

--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager