[opensuse] hard drive problem, help, please
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 21:36:29 -0500
I'm having a problem with a setup using 2 hard drives.
hda is XP, hdb is Suse 10.0. If both drives are
connected, something is telling the bios that there are NO
hard drives connected. If I disconnect hdb, I get
a message that the primary hard drive has been
detected. Then when the system tries to boot I
get a grub failure error. I really don't need Linux on that
machine. How can I get the machine to boot into XP
without the grub boot error, with the second drive disconnected?
I am also having trouble with the CD player on that machine,
so it's problematical if I can boot off a CD. (I don't have
any kind of backup disk for XP, as far as I remember.)
I could have done this with an old Windows, with fdisk mbr,
off of a floppy, but I don't know what XP wants.

--doug