Re: [opensuse] 10.2 Font Quality Backsliding from RC1 -> GM
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 13:42:31 -0800
Peter,

On Saturday 09 December 2006 13:21, Peter Van Lone wrote:
> On 12/9/06, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Installed and updated from factory only:
> > http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/qt-gtk-fonts102f.png :-)
> >
> > Installation from final released 10.2 DVD:
> > http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/qt-gtk-fonts102r.png :-(
>
> I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, but ... what's the difference? I
> really can see no difference between the font representations in
> either image .... I mean, there appears to be some variability, but
> I'm not sure what might be just poor png image quality and what is an
> actual diff between the fonts.

Are you kidding? It's huge!

I guess if you just crank up the font sizes to ensure legibility, none
of this stuff matters, but I'm firmly in the "there's no such thing as
enough screen real estate" camp, so I need to minimize font sizes to
enable maximum amount of information display.

> If you could describe what you see as the difference perhaps it would
> help interpret the images.

Look at the Mozilla menu and toolbars in each of those screen shots. The
difference is clear

> Peter

Randall Schulz