[opensuse] 10.2 install problem
  • From: Stevens <fred00sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 15:25:37 -0600
Yesterday I installed 10.2 and everything went very smooth, no problems
with anything except finding the correct mplayerplug-in, but that has
nothing to do with the system install.

Today I got greedy, decided that my mom didn't need a 60GB drive for her
"mostly network" operations, so I pulled that drive and stuck in a 20GB
hdd today and have yet to get a clean install. I suspect that the 20GB
drive has hardware problems (bad sectors?) that plays havoc with the
installation.

The point is that if I had tried to install 10.2 on the 20GB drive
first, I would think that 10.2 sucked big time. Maybe some of the
troubles I read in this forum have similar foundations.

My 2 cents worth.