Re: [opensuse] What is the name ?
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 01:18:49 -0600
On 2006-12-09 00:39, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> When chainging the size of a window I have to right click on the most
> upper blue line.
> What is it called ?.

The title bar.
> When having right clicked You can choose Advanced>Special Window settings.
>
> Being in the Geometry part here, I can choose to set an "x" in say the
> "position".
> After there are some options, and what one shall I choose for setting a
> value ?.

The numbers represent the pixel locations of the upper left corner of
the window. 0,0 is the upper left corner of the screen. I think the
first number is the horizontal position.
> Having set all the values what do I then do ?.

Click "OK"? :-)
> I can see, that if I go into a window, that fills the whole monitor, the
> "Don't affect" is set.

Because the window fills the whole screen -- by definition, its upper
left corner must be in the upper left corner of the screen. You can see
that in the "size" selection, which is set to the screen size, eg. if
your screen size is 1280x1024, then "1280,1024" is the lower right
corner of the screen.
> Then what is the procedure to set a value, and get it saved, and what to
> do in between ?.

1. Click on the box.
2. Select the screen behaviour you want. Force should mean you cannot
change the window size, "apply initially" means that window size will be
set every time you start the application. If you choose "remember" the
size of the window when the application is stopped will become the
window size the next time it is started.
3. Click "OK".
> Are there some places where I can read about the job ?

In KDE Help, the selection points to the wrong place. Maybe there is
something at kde.org.