Re: [opensuse] March of the Penguins?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 15:27:13 -0500
On 2006/12/08 10:55 (GMT-0800) Randall R Schulz apparently typed:

> I've been playing with various BIOS settings that might suppress the
> spurious detection by the 10.2 final kernel of an Intel G965 chipset on
> my ASUS P5B Deluxe which actually has a P965 chipset. (The spurious
> detection leads to a complete lock-up of the system during boot.)

> Over the course of several reboots using the 10.2 (final) installation
> DVD, I noticed once (only) a boot screen that showed a snowy winter
> scene with penguins waddling about.

> My question is this: Why have I only seen this once? All other times I
> see the usual blue screen with arcs and "Welcome" in various languages.
> What accounts for the two different boot screens and on what basis is
> the choice made? Does it tell me anything about what's going on with my
> hardware?

Looks like you didn't pay much attention to the christmas screen thread
on the factory list the other day, even though you participated in it.
Here's a thread reply from the responsible party that ultimately lead to
your participation:
http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-factory/2006-12/msg00242.html
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409