Re: [opensuse] smooth mouse wheel KDE Suse
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:52:48 -0600
On Friday 08 December 2006 10:18, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> My guess would be it is controlled by the parms in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> file.
The wheel is a mechanism for quickly repeating a key click on mouse buttons 4
and 5. --- roll the wheel up, clicks mouse button 4, --- roll the wheel down
clicks mouse button 5... and, with each click the screen scrolls a small
amount-- up or down. Some wheel mice (trackballs) actually have these extra
buttons as well...
In Kontact the incremental scroll movements are (slower, gentler) than other
apps... Konsole and Firefox for instance--- the incremental moves are (fast,
instantaneous, jerking) motions that make it difficult to read the screen
while it is being scrolled.
What I am hoping is that there is a way to control the (speed, gentleness) of
the incremental scrolling motions for the mouse wheel across all apps... is
this control in X, or is the control in the desktop /window manager, or is
the control app specific... ?

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><