Re: [opensuse] NonOSS Addon missing
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:17:36 -0500
On Thu December 7 2006 9:55 am, Kaare Rasmussen skratched these words onto
a coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> While torrenting the DVD and the language add on, I have time to ask
> why Non OSS Add on for i386 can't be found
>
> Is it just delayed?

We seem to have the slowest torrents going in a long time. I started the
GM download at 10 Ayem Eastern Standard time today, presently it says it
will take 4days 1:00 to finish...
OTH I *do* seem to be able to try and get the non OSS cd to think about
rocketing down thru the electrons. It says it will take 2:23:00 hrs to
finish, started it at noon when the GM seemed to be permanently stalled.

When I downloaded the RC1 two days ago, it got the main DVD in less than
10 min, and the OSS cd was done before I finished the go"button push."
Got a fat pipe, usually. So this stuff is maddening, and makes me worry
that the media will not be fully downloaded and I shall have to begin
again in , uh, 4 days... assuming the GM is still up.

Boxes, on the store shelves, pretty boxes in a row.. or some sort of
lyrics like that.. c'mon santa, you can do it.. Suse/OpenSuse for Xmas,
YES!!

And for those who complain about the trees, there are now papers, as well
as jut about everything else made from bamboo, a self renewing resource.
New breeds of trees w/ fast growth, only used for paper ... and they are
regrown completely in 10 years. very tall very skinny , paper in a tube
shape. Just don't put a paper mill down wind of the population! They will
think we are under some form of gas attack.

A paper mill can make a diaper pail smell like fresh cut roses ! ( And
that is no small feat in itself. ) Still as long as paper has enough rag
content it is almost fully recycle-able to make more paper.

And it feels good to write on w/ a fountain pen. Those were part of early
word processors. ;-D
Let freedom ring! Let the white dove sing. Let the whole world know that
today is the day of reckoning. Let the weak be strong , let the might be
wrong , throw the stones away, it's Independence Day.