Re: [opensuse] More fallout on the Novell <> MS Deal on /. and Groklaw blah blah blah
  • From: James Tremblay <jamesat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:37:34 -0500
M$ is scared! OO is doing to M$office what IE did to Netscape, Samba is
doing the same to Domain services, if Novell builds a successful open
directory, there goes AD. M$ is a cornered\trapped dog, it will snarl,
bite, bark, claw, and even bite off it's own leg to try and survive. let
it die.
They already said GPLv2 has not been violated. Linus won't agree to
GPLv3 which is a good thing, there won't really be a reason. Novell OWNS
Unixware building and maintaining a kernel that can mimic Linus's (with
Linus's help) couldn't be much more difficult than maintaining the
Netware kernel, and donating the new kernel to the community. Ending all
kernel patent wars for ever! The money is in service not proprietary
software manufacturing.

How long will it take to successfully reverse engineer the m$ multimedia
codecs? how long has the community been trying, 8,9 years? samba took
12?

OpenSUSE Rules!!!!!!!!
THE SINGLE BEST THING NOVELL EVER DID WAS BUY SUSE.............
I am a 13 year veteran of believing in Novell I am not going to stop
Ron IS GOING TO BEAT M# AT IT"S OWN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMBRACE, IMPROVE AND EXTINGUISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!