Re: [opensuse] Spamassassin Dependency in kde?
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:53:34 -0600
On 2006-12-06 16:17, Pete Connolly wrote:
> <snip>
> But SA is a spam flagging engine, not an AV system.
Yeah, oops and thanks. I won't bother trying to sidestep that brain-f**t
by suggesting up-to-date spam catchers are also essential, and to us in
the Linux world, maybe more essential than trapping a virus. :-)

That still doesn't address John Anderson's original questions, which
AFAIAC are important questions, and without meaning to offend, I find
Adi's remarks to John spurious and purely argumentative. It is quite
irrelevant if any person decides to mix rpm with non-rpm packages, and
there should be a simple way to update the system database from within
the package management system, ie. without having to resort to the
commandline. However, to John I would quickly add that resolving this
issue is probably going to be non-trivial.