Re: [opensuse] Compiling a metalink client - aria2 - impossible
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 22:40:47 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2006-12-06 at 22:13 +0100, Pascal Bleser wrote:

> "Official" what ?
> I've been building RPMs for SUSE Linux long, long, long before the
> openSUSE Build Service.

I didn't know it was you. I follow your emails, but I had no way of
knowing that "guru" was you.

> "they" is me.
> "no src tree" ? and what do you think this is ?

There is no
<http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/rpm/10.1/RPMS/src> where I
can find the corresponding ...src.rpm.

> > And how on earth was I to know that libcares.so.1 is included in c-ares?
>
> This is called a "repository".
> Just add my repository and everything will be resolved properly.
> Does that really sound new to you ?

No, it isn't. But I'm not adding a new source to Yast and wait a full hour
for it to complete, in order to install a single rpm. I want to be able to
install rpms from the command line using the rpm command.

Normal rpms are built specifying the required rpms using the "requires"
token. That is probably missing.

> > Because of unsolved dependencies. You knew, somehow, which other rpm I
> > needed, but not me - and I'm not a newbie, am I? ;-)
>
> If you're too stupid to add a repository, well, what can I say.

I told you why. And you know that I'm not stupid eiher. I did not fall
into fall into name calling.

> I chose to build it full-featured, including async DNS support.
> If you don't like it, build it yourself.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do and what I asked help in the list
for. Do you know how to build it, then? I got a response from Anthony
Bryan (http://www.metalinker.org) and he doesn't know how to solve it
either.

- --
Cheers,