Re: [opensuse] Compiling a metalink client - aria2 - impossible
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 22:26:54 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2006-12-06 at 16:10 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> > > And you do know guru.
> >
> > No, I don't.
>
> Pascal Bleser, very active on SUSE/openSUSE lists/community

Ah, yes, him I do know - but not his pseudonim. That's diferent :-)

> > > c-ares containes libcares and is available in the same
> > > location.
> >
> > And how on earth was I to know that libcares.so.1 is included in c-ares?
>
> 'smart' told me

I don't use smart. I don't even have it.

The command "rpm -test -i aria2.rpm" should have told me that: there is a
"requires" token in the spec file precissely for that purpose, to list the
required rpms, no need to go searching.

I tried "pin" and "zgrep" on a larger archive.

> > [I am still in annoyed mode ;-) ]
>
> you are allowed :^), I have my days toooo

Thanks O:-)

> > [ upgrading to very annoyed mode ;-) ]
>

> It *will* get better.

It did. I got "wxDownload Fast" compiled, instead, and I will try that
one. The aria2 goes out of the window.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.