Re: [opensuse] Which Shell do I Have?
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:14:35 +0000

Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 21:31, Thomas Hertweck wrote:
>> Anders Johansson wrote:
>>> I wasn't aware that I had to justify my solutions
>> Why are you so disrespectful? Is there a problem when I am
>> interested in learning more about a particular solution?
>
> Asking me why (warum) I came up with it didn't sound like you wanted to know
> more. It sounded more like "this is useless, why did you say it?"

Believe me, we Germans are a bit more outspoken than other people - if
we think "this is useless", we would just use those words ;-) Or
something like "this is rubbish". When I ask about the reason for a
particular solution, then I am really interested why you came up with
exactly this proposal and why you think it might be better than other
solutions. I have worked with Unix/Linux systems for quite a long time,
so I think I am able to recognize and distinguish between meaningful
and useless solutions. Thanks for your explanation.

Cheers, Th.