Re: [opensuse] Compiling a metalink client - aria2 - impossible
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:10:43 -0500
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-06-06 14:48]:
> > And you do know guru.
>
> No, I don't.

Pascal Bleser, very active on SUSE/openSUSE lists/community

> I have never used it. I compile my own extras, I only use ready made ones
> if on a hurry or if it is too complex.
>
> > c-ares containes libcares and is available in the same
> > location.
>
> And how on earth was I to know that libcares.so.1 is included in c-ares?

'smart' told me

16:08 wahoo:~ # smart query --show-provides /usr/lib64/libcares.so.1
c-ares-1.3.2-1.guru.suse101@x86_64
Provides:
c-ares = 1.3.2-1.guru.suse101@x86_64
libcares.so.1()(64bit)

> [I am still in annoyed mode ;-) ]

you are allowed :^), I have my days toooo

> Because of unsolved dependencies. You knew, somehow, which other rpm I
> needed, but not me - and I'm not a newbie, am I? ;-)

above

> [ upgrading to very annoyed mode ;-) ]

It *will* get better.

cu,