Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-announce] openSUSE 10.2 is done
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 21:01:36 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2006-12-06 at 10:38 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> Ink-jet printing is just plain stupid. I suppose for the occasional
> color page when the volume would not justify a color laser printer, it
> might conceivably possibly make sense, but basically, it's a horrible,
> horrible technology with poor output quality and grossly expensive
> consumables.

Well... when I bought my inkjet printer, a b/w laser printing was 3 or 4
times more expensive. Colour was for the absurdly rich. I don't know how
prices compare at the moment.

As for consumables... I know how to refill the cartridges myself, and how
to clean the head (not telling the printer to clean it self, obviously:
another way).

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.