Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-announce] openSUSE 10.2 is done
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:01:57 -0500
On Wed December 6 2006 10:22 am, James Knott skratched these words onto a
coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> Marcus Meissner wrote:
> >>
> >> I read mine while waiting for the install to finish, and anytime I
> >> can't get something to work right away.
> >>
> >> The most I ever paid for Linux was for SLES 9, and the manual
> >> was all in PDFs. Believe me, SLES is one place you WANT to read
> >> the manual. Its different enough from regular Suse that you will
> >> hork it up if you wing it.
> >
> > Yeah, I expected the full set of books with SLES ... and was
> > disappointed too.
> >
> > Ciao, Marcus
>
> Perhaps something along the lines of what came with VAX/VMS, 20 odd
> thick binders, enough to fill a couple of shelves? ;-)

IBM's RedBooks! (I think I still have some somewhere in the library for
nostalgia reasons )
:)

like the gecko behind the painting w/ hidden wisdom to impart. In a world
that needs more dancing, she's a hula girl at heart. Photographs show she
is lovely. Her bare feet are a work of art. her fragrance speaks of
frangipani and, she's still a hula girl at heart.