Re: [opensuse] Can anyone run GTK Emacs with wxGTK installed?
  • From: Francesco Scaglioni <fgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:45:35 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

,------[ Steve Berman said :: ]
| > I posted here on Friday about Emacs 22 built with GTK
| > support segfaulting after I installed wxGTK on SUSE 10.1
| > (MID <87hcwf8j70.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>) and haven't
| > gotten any reply yet. I would be grateful if anyone who
| > uses the GTK build of Emacs 22 could test this on their
| > system (preferably 10.1 or 10.0), so I can know whether
| > this is a SUSE problem or a local issue. All you have to
| > do is install the wxGTK rpm and the see if you can start
| > GTK Emacs (builds with other X11 toolkits are not
| > affected). If Emacs segfaults, you just have to uninstall
| > the wxGTK rpm, and Emacs should start again as usual.
| > (However, don't build and install wxGTK from source: I did
| > that in the hope of solving this problem, but the Makefile
| > has an empty uninstall target and even after deleting all
| > wx* files by hand, I still cannot start GTK Emacs, and
| > haven't gotten anywhere yet trying to find out why.) I
| > would appreciate any and all feedback.
`------

I cannot even get emacs-snapshot-gtk to install. Both apt
and rpm fail with missing libpng and pibtiff missing errors
(both of which I have and the versions look OK). Attempts
to force install also error.

Does anyone know of a suse apt repository that has any of
this as the packages I have have been alien'd from debs ?

Cheers