[opensuse] Possibility of having various parameters like grace period, minimum length password, ... in ldap?
  • From: "Gaël Lams" <lamsgael@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:59:51 +0100
Hi all,

I've my servers configured to use an ldap backend for the
authentication (pam-ldap) and to retrieve various information like
home directory, uid, gid, and shell.

Actually I defined on all the servers a common set of parameter
regarding the accounts which, grace period, minimum length,
PASS_MAX_DAYS, PASS_MIN_DAYS, PASS_WARN_AGE, ..

I make it automatically through a script I launched just after installing SuSe.

I can have the same parameters defined on my ldap directory, and in
fact, if ,for instance, the password is not changed in time, the
account is disabled, but when the user log in through ssh, there is no
message saying: "you have to change your password within 20 days".

I would like to know whether it's possible to configure pam/ldap/nss
or whatever other software to have these settings be retrieve from my
linux boxes?

Kind regards,

Gaël
  • No further messages