Re: [opensuse] Spamassassin Dependency in kde?
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:04:38 -0900
On Tuesday 05 December 2006 13:45, Adi Pircalabu wrote:
> John Andersen wrote:
> > I have the opensuse repository for kde3 in my list of updates.
> >
> > Today it has 77 updates, but in the process it wants to install
> > spamassassin 3.1.3, which is back level by several releases. I run SA
> > 3.1.7 and install from CPAN, and I don't want to go back to 3.1.3.
>
> Try http://repos.opensuse.org/home:/wrosenauer/[your_suse_ver]/, it has
> updated spamassassin rpm packages

Well Its not that I don't appreciate that, but historically suse has been
extreemly late getting out updates to very time sensitive packages
such as SpamAssassin. These packages are a month old.

Cpan at most 24 hours old.

The real problem is a "recommended" package is treated like a
dependency by the Software Updater.

A generic question: Why would it be so hard for a software updater
package to check for the existance of packages installed by other
means?

--
John Andersen