Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 10.2 RC1 upgrade stories
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:28:48 +0100
On Tuesday 05 December 2006 16:11, Roger Oberholtzer said:
> What was the state of your 10.1 when you did the update? I have updates
> from the build service, packman and such on my 10.1. Anyone done an
> upgrade of such a system?

YaST will disable any additional install sources and by default, suggest to
delete any packages which don't also exist on the install media. You can
override this at the Installation Summary screen and keep the old packages -
they should still run as long as their prerequisites are available.

After the upgrade you can reenable your install sources and point them at 10.2
repositories, then view the zzz-all package group and right-click, All in
this list, Upgrade if newer version available.

Will