Re: [opensuse] Is There a (Non-Enterprise) Commercial SuSE Linux 10.2 Product?
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:43:19 +0100

>>> Reply on 05-12-2006 17:41:27 <<<
> I have a feeling that OpenSUSE is going the way of Fedora Core. I'm

> doubtful that any more boxed sets will be released for sale. It's
> never been a money maker and it's gotten less & less with each
release,

> so I suspect Novell will end it just as Red Hat did.

By reading the announcement of Andreas Jaeger
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2006-12/msg00000.html I
would clearly say that boxes will appear. Or how else would you
interpret the paragraph
<quote who="Andreas Jaeger">
CD production is starting now and I hope to see some shiny green
openSUSE 10.2 boxes on the shelves before Christmas.
</quote>

I would say that boxes are expected to be on the shelfs before
christmas?

Dominique