Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 10.2 RC1 upgrade stories
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 02:29:24 +1100
Michael Schueller wrote:
Am Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2006 14:58 schrieb Hugo Costelha:
On Tuesday 05 December 2006 13:48, Sorin Peste wrote:
I was wondering how many people tried upgrading their Suse 10.x
to 10.2 RC1 since it came out (as opposed to doing a fresh
install). I'm thinking of doing the same but after botching the
upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1 I'm a little circumspect.

Anyone got success / horror stories they want to share?
I suggest you wait for the GoldMaster.

Hugo Costelha

I agree, even when i did only good experience upgrading from 10.0 to 10.2 with the RC1.
The upgrade it self was verry smoth, and even the change to the openSUSE-updater was verry easy. There is a new Software directory for the openSUSE updater, just set your marker for this, and you´re fine.
But the you have to install 1,4GB to upgrade to the final release ( GM ), so it makes no sence to Upgrade now, when the GoldMaster is published on Thursday.

I may be wrong but there won't be a GoldMaster release -- what's being released this coming Thursday is the final 10.2 release. GoldMaster has been skipped.

Cheers.