[opensuse] More Software updater issues
  • From: Tim Nicholson <tim.nicholson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 08:23:39 +0000
On one of my systems in the list of software updates I frequently get
both a noarch patch and an x86-64 full version of the same package
listed, and if I try to do a select all install I get a dependency
failure which can always (so far) be cured by opting to install only the
patch, at which point the dependency check then offers to install the
previously listed full version, and the update proceeds successfully.

Another system I have may list the same two versions of a package as
above, but suffers no dependency resolution failure and the update
proceeds normally.

It looks to me as if the troublesome machine has a duff installed apps
database or something, the question is how to fix it?
--
Tim Nicholson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/